Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

different playlists newby here help!!

Okay, I'm just new to the whole iMac iTunes thing , I've loaded some songs on my iMac and have put them into 4 different playlists, my daughters mine and my wifes. Now when I hook up my mp3 player how can I make sure that I only load my playlist to my Mp3 ? Also when downloading songs I've ended up with a few duplicates on my lists how can I delete just one of the duplicates? Thanks for your patience....one last question can my MP3 or iPod be plugged into just the keyboard of my iMac or does it have to be plugged into the back of my iMac?
Thanks

Imac, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 28, 2006 2:08 PM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2006 2:42 PM in response to Suncoastbiker

Plug in the iPod and select it in iTunes.
Go to the Music tab and select Sync selected playlist(s) and choose the playlists you want.

Do this for each iPod.

Another way to make it easier to manage music is to create a Smart playlist and Match rule;
Playlist is not Dad's playlist.
Select this playlist to see what music you do NOT have in your normal playlist and drag anything you want to your regular playlist.

Do one of these so each of you can more easily manage their music.

different playlists newby here help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.