Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I am currently Overseas and was wondering if my iphone5s carrier would still be able to acknowledge my request of phone unlocking even if the device is out of their coverage area? I already finished the 2 year contract

Hi All,

I am currently Overseas and was wondering if my iphone5 carrier would still be able to acknowledge my request of phone unlocking even if the device is out of their coverage area? I already finished the 2 year contract

I just wanted to make sure that my carrier would still be able to unlock my device by just getting my IMEI number, because right now there is no other way that they can get a hold of my phone and insert a network sim card by them to establish connection with my unit. As far as I know and have researched online, as they are the official carrier in my country they would be able to easily unlist my IMEI device from Apple's database by some form of API.

Thanks,

vinndc

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2, unlocking

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:26 AM

Depends on the carrier. Ask the one to which your iPhone is locked for a definite answer. Some

require the iPhone to be active on their network for an unlock to succeed.

1 reply

Hi I am currently Overseas and was wondering if my iphone5s carrier would still be able to acknowledge my request of phone unlocking even if the device is out of their coverage area? I already finished the 2 year contract

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.