Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 FINALLY fixes Springboard REBOOTS! THANK You Apple!

I don't post a lot on here, but am so HAPPY about iOS 8.4.... and the fix it brought.

Firstly, as this was primarily to add Apple Music to the mix, I never thought that one of the WORST ISSUES I have had with my iPads would be fixed with this update, but it has been fixed.

For some reason, ever since iOS 8 (and maybe even 7) I get all sorts of Springboard reboots (soft reboots where the screen blanks and resets).

I DO have MANY apps (over 1000) however with a 128 GB iPad there is plenty of room....

I would get these reboots at no specific time... But almost ALWAYS when typing (or especially backspacing) doing a pull down search... going into some apps... and other random annoying times. It would happen when putting apps in folders. Sometimes the folder graphic would disappear, or the keyboard would be missing letters before it would reboot,

When I would start an app, I would get a giant size picture of the icon many times....

It happens on my iPad Mini 2, Air and Air 2...

I would assume it has to do with some way that memory was not being cleared out, and not having enough memory....

Interestingly, O have had this issue rarely on the iphone.

NOW using iOS 8.4 for a day I have NOT experienced ANY of these issues at all! I WAS hoping iOS 9 would maybe solve them, since it is supposed to bring stability improvements, but never expected this version to do it.

So I don;t know if anyone else has these kind of issues... But I just had to post that I am SO HAPPY that my devices operate great again... like Apple products not windows crashing products.

Thanks to whoever at Apple finally made my ipads stable... Looking forward to iOS 9 still!

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:53 PM

4 replies

Jul 27, 2015 8:22 PM in response to MikeAbramsNY

Funny you should mention it, because iOS 8.4 is where my problems started. Ever since I installed the update, I'm seeing Springboard crashes pretty much every day…always while trying to install app updates (at least one of which always fails…followed by Springboard crapping the bed). It happens at least once a day on my retina iPad minI, and maybe once every other day on my iPhone 6, and in both cases it started with iOS 8.4, so clearly there's something wrong with the OS, not my devices.

iOS 8.4 FINALLY fixes Springboard REBOOTS! THANK You Apple!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.