Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to transfer music to phone due to itunes match

I upgraded my 6 plus today to have Apple Music and now whenever I try to add any music from my Macbook I get an error in iTunes saying that "Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone “iPhone” because iTunes Match is enabled on this iPhone." I have never subscribed to iTunes match and really don't care to. Everything I've researched says that Apple Music and iTunes match are separate but do compliment each other. I was able to put some new music onto my phone Monday night before the 8.4 update released but now can't. When I go into my phone I have no option to turn off iTunes match, only the option to subscribe. Same on my laptop but still am unable to add music manually. Has anyone else came across this and have any ideas how to fix this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:10 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 11:58 PM in response to anypats

Hi! Need help here. Apple Music is in the brink of messing up my library of 40K+ of songs.

Over the weekend, on my iPhone 6+, i updated to Apple Music. Chose the Merge option since replace sounds too absolute. Apple Music integrated wonderfully with my existing songs and playlists.

When i got home Sunday, I tried to add songs and revise my playlists on my iMac. Now i do not have internet connection except on my mobile thus my iTunes on my iMac is not up to date. iTunes didn't allow me to add songs to my device with the prompt, "cannot add because this device it using iTunes Match". I did not subscribe to match but i understand that it came with Apple Music. With that i decided i didn't need Apple Music nor iCloud Music Library. I turned them off on my device. My whole previous library on my device got deleted.

Now I thought it must be an upgrade issue. I decided to back up some songs and playlists on an external hard disk which i plan to load on my phone using my Macbook Pro. I went to work using my Macbook Pro. At work i have pretty decent internet connection. On my Macbook Pro, i urged my iTunes to the latest available. Still I can't load my playlists on my iPhone using the latest version of iTunes. Upon loading my playlists, no songs were included therein. How do fix this problem?

Jul 7, 2015 12:02 PM in response to anypats

anypats wrote:

iTunes Match is now called iCloud Music Library in iOS 8.4. Go to Settings | Music and make sure iCloud Music Library is turned off.

I've had the same problem. Unfortunately that option isn't availbe under Settings > Music on my phone. I think that it is only availbe to people who signed up for iTunes Match or Apple Music.

Sep 9, 2015 6:14 PM in response to rsto

Quick fix.

Log out of your Apple ID on your iPhone and on iTunes Music on your iPhone. Connect your iPhone usb to the computer. Manually sync and organize new and old music in iTunes to your iPhone. Disconnect your iPhone and then log back into your Apple IDs. All the streaming music you've chose on Apple Music will return. The only thing I lost was my playlist. Hope that helps!

unable to transfer music to phone due to itunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.