Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

timecapsule

i have 2TB timecapsule this up and running. When I attach USB thumbdrive it detects and i can view contents. But when i connect 1TB external seagate drive it is not showing up. Any reasons on why?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:43 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 7:05 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Thanks for your reply.

It is NTFS formatted. This HDD drive is Seagate wireless plus 1TB. When read on their online manual it says " the Seagate Wireless Plus comes with a driver called the NTFS driver. This driver enables the MacOS to read and write to the NTFS partition. Windows can read and write to NTFS partitions by default. The NTFS driver can be found preloaded on your device"

But this drive is getting connected to my MacMini and working as expected.

so i am guessing that it will work when i attach it through USB hub to timecapsule

Thanks again

Jul 1, 2015 9:09 AM in response to mahesh1710

The USB port on a Mac will read different drive formats correctly.

The USB port on a Time Capsule will only read Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and FAT 32, as we noted above.

If you want to connect the drive to the USB port on the Time Capsule, you will need to format it in Mac OS Extended (Journaled)....strongly preferred....or FAT 16/32.

Please see this Apple Support document to confirm: AirPort base stations: About USB disks - Apple Support

timecapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.