Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 not displaying all albums

I have entire albums which are not displayed under either the Artists or Albums listing. The tracks are on the iPhone (a 6 Plus), but the albums are not shown anywhere. Other albums by the same artist(s) are listed.

I can find nothing unusual in the way the missing albums are categorized.

This is not a "restrictions" issue.

Any ideas?

Jerry

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:49 PM

Hi, I had a similar issue which I found was due to Settings > Music > Sort Albums. Selecting "by Title" brougly back the missing Albums for me.

11 replies

Jul 10, 2015 4:12 PM in response to Roger1085

I have the same problem on my iPhone 6. When sorting by Album, I only see two of the albums from one particular artist (when there should be 6). However, if I search by Artist, they are all there (and I can listen to them). I even tried syncing, then syncing and deleting/re-adding them, but no luck. It displays all my other albums OK, but just has problems with this particular artist. All of my albums are from CDs (not iTunes), so you would think there should be no iTunes issue with it. It's got me baffled.

Jul 11, 2015 6:57 AM in response to XP45

I noticed that the one song that was purchased from iTunes isn't shown either. It appears that the hidden albums are those that iTunes was able to find the artwork for automatically, i.e. those available on iTunes. Those that are still visible (in Album view), are those that iTunes didn't know what they were to begin with. (I just tested this out and with one exception, the albums I could still see, are indeed not available on iTunes.)

It gets even better ... when I deleted the two albums that are still shown in Album view, and went to Artist view, NONE of the albums from that artist appeared. But if I go to Songs, the songs are all still there ...

Jul 12, 2015 1:23 PM in response to XP45

OK, so I went to Settings/Music on the iPhone and turned off Apple Music, which didn't help, and then under Sort Albums I changed it from By Artist to By Title, which did solve the problem of my missing albums. Now at least all my albums are back when I sort by Album (in Music player).

IOS 8.4 not displaying all albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.