Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty in updating

1. I have 1 update notification on my Mac, namely i Books Author. I click on the update button, but all I get is the spiral sign. I've left in running in the background for 15 minutes. Still no luck.

I note from my Mac Air that Yosemite has an update as well as i Books Author. These I successfully updated with no problem.

2. The update for OS X is not displayed on the App Store on my Mac. Whilst checking for updatesI get another spiral which continues without displaying available updates. All Apps are not visible in the App Store.

3. I re boot the Mac... Apps Store displays OK with i Book Author available as update. No luck updating. Checking for updates returns the situation as mentioned in para 2.

Help/advice would be appreciated. However I add that I'm not technically minded.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:19 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Tallberg

Yep, same Problem here. If i reboot my MacBook (MacBook Pro 15" Retina, OS X 10.10.3) i can go to the Update Page in AppStore.

I can see 3 Updates and then the spiral starts to look after new updates. Let this go for over two hours but there was ne success. If i close the Appstore and want to open it again, i can´t go to the update site. No response if i click the update button.

On my iMac it works without problems.

Thanks and best regards

Jul 2, 2015 11:45 AM in response to optikarmy

Further to my observations yesterday July 1st:-

Some twenty minutes ago, for some reason unbeknown to me (having not done anything) I had a notification that i Books Author was ready to install updates.

I did that. Then I checked for any other updates via the App Store. No problem: OS X 10.10.4 update was downloaded and successfully installed.

Anyone else had this experience?

Difficulty in updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.