Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Itunes

I can't seem to install Itunes on my PC....it says that that I should verify that I have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:24 AM

7 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:14 AM in response to makke007

Windows 10 is still in pre-release but I'd be surprised if, at this stage, Apple haven't tried to make the installer compatible with it. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. You may be to reinstall it as separate components. Otherwise you can at least roll back to the previous build that you had working (download links in the tip). See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash for details on rolling back to a pre-upgrade copy of the library that will work with the older version.

tt2

Jul 1, 2015 8:55 AM in response to makke007

As given running the installer using the right-click Run as Administrator option might help. Turning off UAC could help too, assuming that still exists. (I'm still running 7.) See How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows - Apple Support if AMDS is installed but does't run, or Install missing components if AMDS won't install.

tt2

Jul 1, 2015 12:42 PM in response to DazDazDaz1

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Installing Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.