Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iPad cannot be seen on MacbookPro (Yosemite)

I have an iPad running OS 5.1.1 and want to import some pictures that are there but which are not in my iphoto/photos library (latest versions).

The settings on the iPad reports 6690 images but neither Photos, nor iPhoto, nor image capture are able to see the photos, although they can all see the iPad.

Image capture reports no photos and both iPhoto and Photos hang when trying to load the pictures (for import), with both 'import' and 'import selected' grayed out. The images do exist on the iPad ... I can select them all, one-by-one and email them to myself.

Checking backups using FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery cannot find any images, either on the MacbookPro or on the iCloud.

As the size of my libary on the MacbookPro is larger than the capacity of the iPad, a straighforward sync does not appear to be a viable option ... and runs the risk of overwriting images on the iPad as it does not 'see' the images that are there (but slow and near impossible for more than a handful of images.

The safest solution that I could try is to delete my iPhotoPhotos libraries and to try to sync to an empty libary and then use a Time Machine to recover the originals. An alternative would be to find the original camera and import the images directly (and then delete all the images that are repeats.

iPad:

Capacity - 58.1 Gb (46.1 Gb visible)

OS - 5.1.1

Model - MC4978

Serial Number - GB03036PETV

IMEI - 01 232700 647096 0

MacbookPro:

Model identifier - MacBookPro8,3

OS - Yosemite 10.10.3

Photos - Version 1.0 (209.52.0)

iPhoto - 9.6.1

Image capture - Version 6.6 (525)

Storage - 499.25 Gb (12.1 Gb available)

Processor Name - Intel Core i7

Processor Speed - 2.2 GHz

Number of proceesors - 1

Number of cores - 4

L3 cache - 6 Mb

L2 cahce - 256 KB

Boot Rom Version - MBP81.0047.B27

Hardware UUID - 9DEAB646-7328-5731-A5E5-2F257611691E

Serial Number (system) - C02G90P4DRJN

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:19 AM

1 reply

Photos on iPad cannot be seen on MacbookPro (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.