Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "manage" the Apple Music Library?

I don't want my songs to be replaced by Apple Music songs and there was no disclaimer about this behaviour when Apple Music asked me to enable iCloud Music Library. iCloud Music Library changed all my tags and album arts in a way I don't like. Now I've disabled iCloud Music Library but what I want to know is: is the library "deleted" from iCloud or simply "disabled"? How can I check what is left on iCloud and how can i completely remove all the data related to iCloud Music Library from iCloud?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:43 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 11:38 AM in response to zpaolo

Same thing is happening me, I want to remove all the music from my iCloud but I don't see any way to do it short of deleting everything song by song on my iPhone. If you disable iCloud it only disables, not deletes the songs from it. The problem is if you disable it you cant add any albums or songs to playlists in Apple Music

Jul 26, 2015 2:45 AM in response to MikeG_NY

I talked for an hour with the technical support and they explained me that no there is no way you can "manage" your iCloud music library the same way you manage, for example, your iCloud Photos. So the only way to "clear" your music library (which will try to re-sync EVERY TIME you turn it on even if it has wrong tags etc) is this:

1) Let's say you have disabled the iCloud library on both Mac and iPhone enable the icloud music library on iPhone while your Mac is turned off, let the music library do whatever mess it wants to do on your iPhone

2) Go in the Settings app, in the storage section and delete all the music, this will get rid of all your music files on your iphone, and while clearing your local files it will clear your iCloud library too

3) Turn off iCloud music library on your iPhone

4) Re-sync everything with your iTunes on the Mac, this should restore all your music as it was before, and your iCloud library will now be "clean".

How to "manage" the Apple Music Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.