Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store gets stuck looking for updates

When i first boot my Macbook Pro (mid 2012 / 10.10.3) and launch the App Store, it gets stuck looking for updates infinitely..
There's one pending update (XCode) and it doesn't show the new iTunes update, plus it can't update XCode as it starts searching for other updates without end.

If i close the App Store and launch it again, the window stays empty, only show the icons above, i can't see the store or the update page, i can't switch from one "tab" to the other, i have to kill it i think to close it. And then i have to reboot my my Macbook to be able to be able to repeat that same process described before... as i did several times. So i can't install updates... :/

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:11 AM

11 replies

Jul 1, 2015 6:25 AM in response to zproc

You have to be patient and try later since we have:

1. OS X 10.10.4

2. iTunes 12.2.0.145

3. Xcode 6.4

4. Garageband 10.1

5. iMovie 10.0.9

I also have to force quit App Store because Xcode was stuck at the last minute of download.

I have to re-download a second time(> 2GB) before it went ok.

Jul 9, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Dah•veed

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I could update iTunes thru the terminal and the app store update app was up running.

OSX 10.10.4 download and installed. However, OSX 10.10.4 was again showing in the list of Updates Available

and at the same time under Updates Installed in the Last 30 Days.

After relaunching the App Store, once again the endless spinning wait cursor and the updates never showing up with heavy CPU usage.

User uploaded file

App Store gets stuck looking for updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.