Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The import window has changed. No longer folders.

Usually when I go to import new videos, I open up the import window and it shows me the folders on my computer, as it would be on the view finder. Now all of a sudden, I open the import window and it's just a long list of files, or icons, depending on how I choose to view it. It takes about five minutes for all those icons to come up and I have to scroll through to find the ones I want, and there's no particular order either to these videos. Why has it changed from the organised files (which were there instantly as well, rather than uploading) and how can I change it back? Any suggestions massively appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:47 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the responsee. My computer is OS X 10.9.5. The Final Cut Pro is 10.1.4

I've attached a screen shot of what the import window looks like now when I'm importing things either from my external hard drive or from the computerUser uploaded file. Although now there's no little passing of time circle next to the ext. hard drive icon as all the videos are uploaded into the window. When I first tried to import, I had to wait five minutes. My external hard drive is split into folders and usually those folders come up instantly. But now they're all coming up in a disorganised jumble and not instantly either.

The import window has changed. No longer folders.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.