Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Restoring problem??

I am trying to restore my Apple TV as it is unresponsive - the Apple Remote won't load the menu or any settings. I can Airplay from iPads, and the iMac, however it just drops out randomly.

I have held down the Menu and down buttons on the remote and removed the power cords, however when it reboots, the same problems happens.

I am wanting to connect the AppleTV to iTunes, however I can't find a microUSB that fits. Will an EtherNet / LAN cable work?? I tried connecting one (along with the power supply) but nothing is happening???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:06 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 5:38 AM in response to MissGarlick

Do you mean the physical remote doesn't work or the iOS app?

If you mean physical remote try menu and left arrow for 6 seconds.

Unfortunately you can only restore either from Settings menus on AppleTV (which it sounds as thou you can't access) or via iTunes using a USB to microUSB cable. Do you have an Apple store locally where they could do it for you perhaps?

Ethernet won;t work to restore. Be aware that ethernet will disable wifi while connected too.

Apple TV Restoring problem??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.