Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broadcast safe for titles

I used the safe title area in Final Cut but when I went into QC i found that the video monitor they use cuts off my titles left and right.

Is there some way of viewing a standard old tv screen in Final Cut 10 or some other way without exporting to a tv monitor?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:52 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:38 AM in response to HiramP

Their monitor is set improperly. Are you sure your video wasn't getting stretched out horizontally?

Or, more likely, they're using video format pecs they failed to communicate properly to you or you misunderstood.

You've got to find out exactly what their desired pixel dimensions are for acceptable media files and how they are processing them.

There are several flavors of HD, one for SD, but how those files get processed for broadcast or distribution is complicated and out of your control. All you can do is find out exactly what they want from you. Video is video--except when someone pushes the wrong buttons.

Jul 1, 2015 11:24 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Yes, your are right - the need for Center Cut is falling away, but . . . I still have two remaining broadcasters in my market that still require a center cut safe dub, and will bounce back spots and programing that do not conform. The rest all broadcast an HD source as letterboxed on their SD signal.

Center Cut Title safe is the smallest box, the next box out is Center Cut Action Safe:

User uploaded file

The difference between HD Title Safe and Center Cut Title Safe would certainly explain why they are reporting the titles cut off on the left and right when viewed on an SD monitor.

MtD

Broadcast safe for titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.