Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match on/off option iTunes 12.2

Things are obviously changed up a bit after the iTunes update yesterday. The one thats affecting me is that the ability to toggle Match on or off is no longer available. I see an "update" Match under "file" but that not what I'm looking for. For me, when adding new music to my library, I would turn off Match, import my music and make the tagging and artwork changes, then turn "Match" back on. Its just so much faster and reliable. I'm not an Apple Music member and probably won't be. How do you sign in and out of Match now? You used to be able to quickly see if you were signed in in the menu and easily toggle on and off.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:32 PM

You need to look in the iTunes preferences. In the "General" tab under the Library section is a checkbox "iClout Music Library". That appears to be the control for match.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 4:27 PM in response to George Cassello

I'm needing this as well, a way to clean my iTune Match or something, because I actually used two different iTunes libraries one was my big collection the other was just some hand picked music for Match. I'd like to remove that now and clean it out. Not sure how I can do this. I can delete and not use the other library that I was using for match but it doesn't clear the music.

Match on/off option iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.