Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a newly created playlist suddenly have its songs deleted?

i Created a playlist by entering the title and description and then searching Apple Music for the composer I was looking for. A whole list of albums came up immediately. So far so good. I clicked on a few and a red check appears on the items clicked. Great. at this point I was expecting to see a "done" option. But all there is, is "cancel". Okay, so I hit Cancel, seems strange but what else can you do? you are then returned to the prior screen. And there are the songs you selected! Great. Hit Done, playlist created.

Then you go to run the playlist.

Nothing happens.

AFter vainly clicking on the on the playlist a hundred times it eventually dawns on you that the playlist is actually empty!!

WHat's up with this?

iPad Air

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:20 AM

I think you need to go to My Music, press whatever your filter is set to (e.g. Artists) then turn off the Show Music Available Offline button. Some devices seem to be defaulted to on, others off.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:48 AM in response to malum363

I only worked it out because me iPhone was defaulted differently to my iPad. The wording is poor though - the small print under the button explains it better, i.e. only show music stored on this iPhone. That explains it better - unless you store the music to your device it won't appear in your music if this button is checked.

Jul 6, 2015 10:47 AM in response to malum363

Definitely a frustrating problem! I created playlists within Apple Music to replace my Spotify playlists (LOL), and when I went to play one of them over half the playlist was deleted... I added back the tunes... deleted the next day😠! What a waste of time. My Show Music Available Offline button is selected to Off as well. I hope to see an update freakin' soon.

Why does a newly created playlist suddenly have its songs deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.