Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Status bar no longer shows number of items selected

In previous releases the status bar at the bottom of the screen would update to show the number of items / duration / data size when one or more items are selected in the current view (library or playlist). In 12.2, however, it seems that the status bar display is static, just reflecting the totals for the current view independent of any selections made. The songs total and duration shown in the apparently pointless (and waste of screen space) banner at the top of any playlist view doesn't update either.

Anyone else noticed this and/or found a workaround to make the metrics reflect selections?

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:04 AM

7 replies

Jul 1, 2015 10:18 AM in response to turingtest2

The issue seems to be restricted to Albums view. Selecting a playlist shows the expected results in the status bar:
User uploaded file

However, selecting a subset of the playlist (three albums in this case) doesn't update the display:

User uploaded file

There's a second, probably related issue ... single-click on an album to show its constituent tracks updates the status bar correctly:

User uploaded file

Performing the same operation on another album doesn't update the display:

User uploaded file

unless the operation also forces the screen to scroll, in which case the status info does update.

I've seen this on both systems I've upgraded to 12.2 so far so seems to be reproducible and not tied to a preferences or configuration anomaly.

Jul 1, 2015 10:35 AM in response to hhgttg27

Behaviour in Music seems OK, I get a count of the selected albums or, the selected tracks within an album. In playlists the Albums layout isn't making sense at all. 😮

Having selected 1 item, or perhaps expanded an album to show its constituents, I can then select multiple covers with Ctrl+Click, but the status bar doesn't update. Toggling the status bar off and on with Ctrl+/ will show the correct results.

tt2

Status bar no longer shows number of items selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.