Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Apple attempts to deliver my iCloud music library I get this error message repeatedly "Genius results can’t be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)." How do I get my iTunes library and Apple music to sync succesfully?

I just signed up for Apple music family plan. I am most interested in accessing my music library from any location. After Apple attempts to deliver my iCloud music library I get this error message repeatedly "Genius results can’t be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)." How do I get my iTunes library and Apple music to sync succesfully?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.4, Apple Music

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:13 AM

15 replies

Jul 1, 2015 6:04 AM in response to JFilingeri

I'm pretty sure it's 25,000 (see http://www.macstories.net/news/eddy-cue-shares-apple-music-details-on-twitter/) and I don't think songs you've purchased through iTunes count against that but anything else does. From what I understand, songs that you own that aren't in iTunes are uploaded for you but everything else is just 'matched' like iTunes Match which I could also never use...

At least with iTunes Match you got an explicit message saying you have too many songs - I was hoping Apple Music was going to be smarter...

On the other hand, lots of users are now complaining about their libraries being corrupted and album art changing etc. so perhaps we're lucky we can't sign up yet until they fix some bugs... I haven't got time to try and sort out my library if it gets messed up.

After Apple attempts to deliver my iCloud music library I get this error message repeatedly "Genius results can’t be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)." How do I get my iTunes library and Apple music to sync succesfully?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.