Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail won't send particular email

Here's an odd one if anyone is interested. Mail wll not send a particular email but it will send everything else.

The SMTP server is connected.

The email address is phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk. I have copied this address and then after it failed I retyped the address. (It is the official HM Customs and Revenue spam/phishing reporting email address.)

The email sent is a forwarded spam/phishing mail received earlier.

I have tried with three accounts: 2 have the same domain name but the other is different.

All other outgoing mail is OK. A mail requesting HMRC confirm that the address is correct was sent OK!

Incoming mail is not affected.

What's going on?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:46 AM

Are you trying to forward the phishing e-mail or are you sending it as an attachment? Can you cut and paste the body and from address into a new e-mail and send it?

3 replies

Apple Mail won't send particular email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.