Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I switch off music censorship?

Yeah, I can't seem to get explicit uncensored music.

I went to Setting>General>Restrictions and it's off.

Side note, when I turn it on and scroll down to Allowed Content, there is a section for "Music, Podcast & iTunes U" and it's grayed out. I can't change it off "Clean".

Please help, I hate empty music sections while listening to music, it just kills my buzz.

Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 12:27 PM

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! You just have to be listening to the explicit version! For example I was listening to kendricks ****. and it was completely ruined the songs so I looked around on his artist page in Apple Music and I noticed that there was a version with an E next to each of the songs meaning it's the explicit version. So just make sure our are downloading the explicit version of the album. Hope this applies to you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2017 12:27 PM in response to Sky Nights

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! You just have to be listening to the explicit version! For example I was listening to kendricks ****. and it was completely ruined the songs so I looked around on his artist page in Apple Music and I noticed that there was a version with an E next to each of the songs meaning it's the explicit version. So just make sure our are downloading the explicit version of the album. Hope this applies to you.

Jul 1, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Sky Nights

same for a lot of people around the world. It's the usual Apple giant mess that they create every time they launch a service. You can't do anything unfortunately. I'm just astonished that Apple can be so callous about something this significant. Just terrible planning and execution. all you can do is leave your feedback at Apple.com/feedback

How can I switch off music censorship?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.