Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music playback stopping at random after 8.4 update

Music playback is stopping at random on my iPhone 6 after the 8.4 update. I'm playing music stored on the phone, not in iCloud or streamed Is anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:47 AM

8 replies

Jul 10, 2015 2:53 AM in response to Rubik_fr

Mine is working better now although it does occasionally stop and I have to restart the iPod. When this happens, it tells me to go to settings and change something to allow offline listening (not exact wording). I found that my purchased/uploaded from CD tracks 'downloaded for offline listening' after installation of the new 8.4 update. It happened gradually at times when I had Wifi access over a period of 24 hours. Since then I have been able to listen when offline. I have also switched the new Apple streaming option off completely on the iPod but I don't know whether it is working because I did that.

I have since avoided installing the new iTunes (12.?) update on my laptop because I read other complaints about it. If I could uninstall this 8.4, I would do so.

Music playback stopping at random after 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.