Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi symbol not displaying

Does anyone have an answer to why the Wifi symbol isn't showing after upgrading to iOS 8.4?. Even though the wifi symbol doesn't show I do have a wifi connection by testing with a network app tool.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:11 AM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 7:07 AM in response to davidfromconder

I'm having this same exact issue.

I recently had to get a new 6 Plus under warranty due to the camera dying in my original one. Now whenever I boot the device the WiFi symbol will not show, though it is indeed connected to WiFi according to my DHCP server assigning it an IP...and if you look on the phone @ the WiFi settings you can see the same IP address.

Ran a speed-test and it is indeed using the WiFi.

I've put the phone in DFU mode and restored it, thinking maybe it had a bad OS install, but that didn't change anything either.

I guess I can live with it...but it's kind of annoying to have to verify I'm connected before using the device too much due to data consumption...especially when I shouldn't *have* to manually verify.

Wifi symbol not displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.