Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji and symbols

When i select an emoji or symbol to insert it in a Pages text, it doesn't appear. Why ?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:48 AM

It sounds like you are using Pages 09. That was never updated to recognize the Apple Color Emoji font. If that is the case, you need to use Pages 5 or another app like TextEdit to see emoji.

It's also possible to download a non-color emoji font from the internet which should work with Pages 09.

8 replies

Jul 1, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Well. I'm trying to input astrologic symbols in a text. So i use the "Edition" menu and i select "Emoji and symbols", then i try to input via double-click. It doesn't work.

The only way i found, is select the symbol, add it to the favorites and then make a drag/drop. But the symbol come with description and unicode references. So i have to "clean" it... To repeat this operation many times is a f... job, i lost my time.

You had understood that i'm a new user of Pages but i'm very surprised of this "bug". Certainly i don't use it in the good way but i don't find it.

And it's the same with TextEdit.

Thanks.

Emoji and symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.