Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Plugged in While Gaming

HI guys, sorry if you have seen a question similar to this one before but I can't really find an answer online

My Mac is a late 2013

rMBP base line model, you know the one with the 2.4ghz dural core i5, intel iris 1536mb, 4gb,ssd

Alright I wanna play LoL, I have read that a laptop battery gets damaged if it is discharged too fast, consequently I was wondering will my laptop battery get damaged in any way if I plug the computer in and play the games, then when I am finished I will remove the charging. Note I am not saying I will plug it in all the time just when I am gaming, it is important to note heat is not a problem and my laptop is very cool while playing games.

I will be using this mac for coding, auto cad, some cfd software so I want an honest answer from you guys about wether I should be gaming on macs in the first place (i.e. does gaming have any deleterious effects on the mac in general) so I don't want the laptop to get damaged 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:56 AM

There are no replies.

Mac Plugged in While Gaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.