Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot doesn't work anymore in iOS 8.4

I upgraded from iOS 8.3 to 8.4, and now Personal Hotspot doesn't work anymore. It is enabled and should de discoverable over WIFI, but no device, including my MBA can find it. Over bluetooth it works, but the network speed is almost zero, whilst 4G on my phone is very fast.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:16 AM

29 replies

Jul 14, 2015 12:26 PM in response to JoelAndoetoe

After 8.4 update I've now hit this exact same problem. First my macbook pro couldn't connect to my iphone. My Ipad was still working but after couple days it no longer connects. All devices running latest ios. My friend was also trying to connect using he's macbook pro running 10.10.4 and was unable to join my hotspot anymore.

What still works is if I connect my macbook using cable to my iPhone, but it's irritating to use the cable.

Jul 28, 2015 3:01 PM in response to JoelAndoetoe

I had the same problem with my macbook pro (Retina, late 2012, 10.10.4) and with my iPhone 5s (8.4). Did kinda everything I could to fix it but then I installed beta version of 10.11 el Capitan public beta to my macbook and after the installation connection works perfectly again. Beta installation may always ruin something but for me it looks to work perfectly...

Personal hotspot doesn't work anymore in iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.