Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Halo appearing around app text on Home Screen - iOS 8.4

Is anybody else experiencing this?

A sort of "halo" or I smudging-like effect of the wallpaper on the home screen just behind the descriptive text of each app?

Very distracting and odd looking.

Any feedback?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:16 AM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:31 AM in response to BSpiros

It might just be an issue because of the wallpaper you chose... for example, I am using one of Apple's stock iOS 8 wallpapers and am not having this blur effect around the app name. It's not that big of a deal, and I bet Apple does it so the text better stands out against the wallpaper. If it really bothers you or you're not sure it's because of your wallpaper, you can try to correct this issue by hard-resetting your device (you won't lose anything). Press and hold your home and power buttons and release them when you see the Apple logo appear again.

You can always just change your wallpaper to a different one if it really bothers you. 😉

Jul 1, 2015 8:49 AM in response to thomasdangit

Hey ThomasD,

Thanx for the reply, I thought of that too but it wasn't happening before the update to 8.4

It may not look like anything special but I've had this wallpaper for years and it means something to me. I don't see why I should have to change it to a stock one for the text to appear like before...

Would you agree?

I'll try the reset

Halo appearing around app text on Home Screen - iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.