Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bring back Album Cover View

Just installed the latest iOS 8.4 update. I thought the UI for the Music App couldn't get any worse (too much white space, too much text etc), but it appears that it has.

Previously when you rotated your iPhone you got that nice Album Cover View where the screen filled up purely with the cover art of all the music on your phone. This now appears to have gone.

Please bring it back.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:39 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 6:48 AM in response to ZeroState

You aren't talking to Apple here. We are all a bunch of users just like you. To submit feedback to Apple you need to go here https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I have read a lot of posts where people wanted the rotated view of all your album art removed as it wasn't very user friendly to those that had a large library. Not sure if this will be something that comes back any time soon.

Jul 1, 2015 12:35 PM in response to anypats

Well part of the point of me asking, was whether people knew of an option for this.

People didn't like it? Well then there should be an option to turn it on/off, not just remove the functionality completely. Software developers shouldn't be reducing functionality.

Also I have a large music collection (and whilst these album views are pretty useless on iTunes on a Desktop), on the phone it displayed more information. When I scroll through the albums now on the phone I get roughly 6 albums displayed at the same time on the screen, within the landscape mode it was about 28. This functionality has now gone.

Bring back Album Cover View

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.