Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't install itunes 12.2 on a windows xp pc?

Is there any way to install 12.2 on win xp 32bit pc?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:13 AM

The system requirements for iTunes 12.2 state Windows 7 or later. So the answer is no.

tt2

9 replies

Jul 1, 2015 11:41 PM in response to turingtest2

Read well what Apple has reported on it's ITunes download page (link http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)

Download iTunes

Windows System Requirements

• PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
  • Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
  • 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

So You are wrong. Try again...

I propose you the question again: "It's possible to install iTunes 12.2 on XP?". Answer is YES. New question: how?

Regards

Jul 2, 2015 12:41 AM in response to pmassardi

That's from the old version of the download page (which Apple, unfortunately, did not update immediately when 12.2 was released). The info there now states clearly (and several times) that Windows 7 or later is required:

User uploaded file

• Windows 7 or later
  • 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer; for more information, visit www.itunes.com/download
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.2 or later; for information about accessibility in iTunes, visit www.apple.com/accessibility
  • iTunes is now a 64-bit application on 64-bit versions of Windows 8 and 7. Some third-party visualizers may no longer be compatible with this version of iTunes. Please contact the developer for an updated visualizer that is compatible with iTunes 12.1 or later

Jul 3, 2015 1:52 PM in response to vptkub

It's been noted several times that Apple have done a really, really bad job updating their servers and webpages. I suspect that part of the problem is that their intent is that when you access http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/:

• if your computer is running Windows 7 or later, it redirects to the download page for 12.2
  • if your computer is running Windows XP or Vista, it redirects to the download page for 12.1

I can't imagine why its taking 4+ days to get this right ... and I note that the US page for the 32-bit version still doesn't say "32-bit" on it anywhere. Another part of the issue is that Apple's websites/pages in different countries and regions are being updated at different times. However, the only definitive answer seems to be that - no matter what you might see on an Apple web page - iTunes 12.2 will not install or run on Windows XP or Vista.

Jul 6, 2015 4:23 PM in response to frandante

Instead of translating the current English iTunes download page various international versions of the page have simply added the new version number.

iTunes 12.2 requires Windows 7 or later, whatever else you read.

tt2

Em vez de traduzir o atual página de download do iTunes vários Inglês versãoes internacional da página simplesmente adicionou o novo número de versão.

iTunes 12.2 requer Windows 7 ou mais tarde, tudo o mais que você lê.

Traduzido por Google

I can't install itunes 12.2 on a windows xp pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.