Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 keeps asking me to sign-in

Since I installed iTunes 12.2 on my MBP which runs on OSX 10.10.4 I keep being asked to sign in. If I click on "Account" iTunes actually shows that I'm signed in (I have the Sign-out option), but if I click i.e. on View Account I'm getting the Sign-in request again. I can't take any action without being asked to sign in.

I get the feeling that is is linked with a problem I have in Safari 8.0.7 : if I go to the appleid.apple.com page to verify my ID, it opens the US page, but I'm in Switzerland. When I change the country logo to Swiss-French and click on "Manage your Apple ID" I'm getting forwared back to the US page again. I tried to empty history and website data, but it didn't change anything.

The US page won't recognize my Apple-ID, but the FR-CH page does. If I connect with i.e. Firefox I can get to the FR-CH page and verify my ID (which btw is fine and confirmed).

So I think that both iTunes 12.2 and Safari are trying to verify my Apple-ID on the US server instead of the FR-CH server. The US Server won't recognize my Apple ID.

My MBA which still runs on OSX 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.1. let me sign in on iTunes.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Safari 8.0.7 / iTunes 12.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:57 AM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 7:33 AM in response to Womble_1202

Have you tried to check the location in you AppleID setup? Is it really CH?

May be on your Mac in iTunes/Manage AppleID you can check it not even on web. If you change the location back to FR-CH there than you will need to log out and login again. Most probably it is a location issue and not related to updates. If it is still exist contact AppleCare for further troubleshooting.

Jul 1, 2015 10:07 AM in response to TibiOriginal

I have checked the location for my Apple ID, it is very well Switzerland.

A little addition to the problem. I couldn't log in to Apple Support Communties either using Safari, but I could log in using Firefox.

So I don't think that it is a real location issue. I have this issue exclusively when using the MBP with Safari and iTunes. Not on my MBA, not on my iPhones, not on my iPads.

Jul 2, 2015 1:40 AM in response to TibiOriginal

Ok, issue was solved with the Apple Support. Problem was that Cookies were deactivated in Safari. Therefore my change of Country wasn't registered. This also had an impact on iTunes, trying to address the US pages.

Solution :

- activate Cookies in Safari

- delete history and website data

- close Safari

- log out from iTunes

- close iTunes

- open Safari

- go to the Apple-ID page - make sure you stay on your country page in my case FR-CH

- sign in

- sign out

- open iTunes

- sign in on iTunes

iTunes 12.2 keeps asking me to sign-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.