Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic sync question

I have an Ipod classic. My computer recently crashed and I lost everything. I purchased a software to put the content from my ipod back into my itunes. I am now trying to sync my ipod for the first time. I connected my ipod but nothing happened. I immediatley unhooked it from the computer, nothing happened. I am afraid my ipod will be erased. I noticed the name of my ipod did not match the one that was in the itunes library, it was my old one. How should I go about this? I do not want to lose my library. Thanks

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:48 AM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2015 12:27 PM in response to cbtfullerton

First Backup your iTunes library to another drive for security.

If all of your content is in your library, and that safely backed up, then it should be OK to erase the device and sync it with the contents of your library. This is typically required if you have a synced device and change the library you manage it with.

See also Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device just in case there is any more data that you can recover like ratings, playlists or play counts.

tt2

Ipod Classic sync question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.