Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s won't switch on

My iPhone 5s turned itself off and then showed the cable into iTunes symbol, so I connected it by USB into my laptop and my laptop showed a message saying "In order to reset your phone you need to get it out of recovery mode", then my laptop started updated my phone and just before the update had been completed a message showed on my laptop saying that "It could not proceed to finish the update due to loss of internet connection." Since then my phone is just showing a black screen and won't turn on. Please help.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:59 AM

Try this procedure:

Connect your cable to the computer, but not the device just yet. Start up iTunes. Now, hold down the home button on your device and plug it in to the cable - don't let go of the button until iTunes tells you it's detected a device in recovery mode. Now you can restore to factory settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 8:59 AM in response to 12ian12

Try this procedure:

Connect your cable to the computer, but not the device just yet. Start up iTunes. Now, hold down the home button on your device and plug it in to the cable - don't let go of the button until iTunes tells you it's detected a device in recovery mode. Now you can restore to factory settings.

iPhone 5s won't switch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.