Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under Family Sharing, my account is everyone's account?

So I thought the purpose of Family Sharing is that people in my family can share their purchased music, apps, and books with each other while still maintaining their own accounts, but it sounds like instead, if I am the organizer, I'm just letting everyone use my credit card! I don't get it. Can't we all just have our own accounts yet be able to share each other's music? If a family member already has an account with a credit card on iTunes, does my credit card replace theirs for all purchases they make? And if this is the case, can I use Family Sharing just for exchanging photos, calendars, etc without being everyone's credit card account? How is this different than just letting everyone sign into iTunes with my account? Frustrated.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:58 PM

Jim,

Family Sharing is designed so that a responsible adult (the "Family Organizer") takes financial responsibility for one or more minors.

if that does not fit your situation, Family Sharing ma not be for you.

How is this different than just letting everyone sign into iTunes with my account?

When they grow up and leave Family Sharing, they can keep their own content tied to their own account.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 5:58 PM in response to Jim Alden

Jim,

Family Sharing is designed so that a responsible adult (the "Family Organizer") takes financial responsibility for one or more minors.

if that does not fit your situation, Family Sharing ma not be for you.

How is this different than just letting everyone sign into iTunes with my account?

When they grow up and leave Family Sharing, they can keep their own content tied to their own account.

Under Family Sharing, my account is everyone's account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.