Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need help.

I got an iPhone5 it was a hand me down for my family and I conneceted it to iTunes to reste the whole thing and it did. but the main problem is after it says please choose a wifi connection it says sign in to the apple id that was used to set up this phone but I don't know it and my sis said she deleted it and I need help to see if I can reset that .thanks for the support...?

iPhone 5s, Other OS

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:34 AM

Your sister needs to remove this phone from her list of devices.

Take a look at this support article:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 7:37 AM in response to pweaver144

Your sis has to sign in at iCloud.com with her Apple ID and password to remove the iPad from her Find My iPad. Her Apple ID is an email address. The hint on the iPad should help her figure out what that was. Then go to this Apple page to recover her password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for the original owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. No must have the original owner remove the device from their iCloud account to use the device. If this cannot be done return the device to where you got it. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

i need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.