Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do the downloaded files get saved? and How to solve Error code 3259

Hi,

I would like to know where the interrupted or failed downloads are saved in itunes. I wish to know the exact folder of where they will be located.

Today I wanted to hard reset my iphone so I connected to iTunes and it needed to update to the latest iOS 8.4 and it started to download. After downloading around 1.02 GB it started giving me an error code - 3259 and it said 'Connection Timed out' ......

I tried downloading the software like 5 times and every time it started from the beginning and the same thing happened once it reached 1.02 GB!!!!

I would like to know where these trash downloaded would be saved in my mac as it can be over 5 GB of waste data......

I tried to clear the DNS cache as well as disabled my firewall setting, still it is of no use. Can any one pls. tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks for your time

Have a great day

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:06 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 12:21 PM in response to iRajkumar

"error code - 3259 and it said 'Connection Timed out'

Nothing was installed since the connection timed out. The iOS update can only be installed on an iOS device, not your Mac.

Disable anti virus software if installed

Apps such as Little Snitch, Growl, and MacKeeper, may prevent the connection between yuor Mac and device

Messaged edited by: CS

Where do the downloaded files get saved? and How to solve Error code 3259

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.