Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music library problem

All the songs and album art are jumbled together when itunes 12.2 tried to upload music to apple library in Apple music. I see wrong album artwork for unrelated albums and songs. Song labels are also wrong for many of my songs. What to do?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:11 AM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2015 12:34 PM in response to oomoot

Same problem here....Says it is playing Miranda Lambert but instead it's Tears for Fears. Additionally uploading my library created thousands of duplicate songs, and duplicated all my playlists. Basically, somehow my entire music library is a mess. I'm doing a Time Machine Backup. I'd like to try this service but am afraid it will happen all over again. Hope Apple can straighten this out.

Jul 1, 2015 1:56 PM in response to ripken428

My offline iTunes library is back to normal now after restoring the iTunes folder from the Time Capsule's backup. I also got iCloud Music library diasbled from the Preferences. And yes I also need to clear out the iTunes cloud library, I don't know how. I'll find out now.

By the way even when you disable Apple Music on iPhone and iPad it still shows the jumbled tracks. I think I gotta completely clear out the iOS devices from any music.

Apple gave us a frustration we won't be forgetting anytime soon. What a fiasco.

Jul 1, 2015 4:33 PM in response to oomoot

I Also got my computer back to normal as well as my phone. I did delete all the music off the phone and then resuncles it to put it back on. I am fortunate enough to have an old MacBook I don't use, so I am going to try to delete the music stored on the cloud from there. Once it's gone, I may try to do the Apple music one more time, but not before I back the computer up one more time!

Apple Music library problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.