Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime question..

I need to create a video that records multiple channels. Can QuickTime do this without additional software, or do I need to download software like soundFlower?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:57 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 8:55 AM in response to ambassgray

I need to create a video that records multiple channels. Can QuickTime do this without additional software, or do I need to download software like soundFlower?

That would likely depend on how you actually plan to input and "record" the data. A QT file may contain up to 99 tracks of audio, video, text, image, or other data. Each audio track, depending on the compression format and/or settings used, may be in mono, stereo, or surround sound channels and each track channel can be independently assigned to a specific speaker/use as seen here using QT 7 Pro features:

User uploaded file

However, most people would probably not consider the QT 7 or QX apps to be software Digital Audio Workstations in the same sense as GarageBand (or other, more advanced and more expensive dedicated software packages).

User uploaded file

QuickTime question..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.