Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not working suddenly. Stuck at apple logo. Not entering DFU Mode also. Not recognised in iTunes also. Running 8.3. Not jailbroken. On pressing home and lock screen stuck at Apple logo and then after some time screen goes blank.

I am using the iPhone 5 for 2 and a half years and it was working fine, when suddenly one day the phone got hanged and went to the Apple logo and it got stuck there. I tried to hard reset it but to no avail. I even tried to enter DFU mode but it is not doing so. I tried all the possible tricks to go tot he DFU mode but it is not responding and not doing and is stuck to Apple logo and then after some time screen turns blank. Also when I connect the iPhone 5 to Mac or PC, it is not recognising in iTunes. I also checked my iTunes is up to date. My iPhone is running on iOS 8.3. I also submitted the phone to Apple Service Centre. They robbed me of Rs. 1,400/- ($30 USD), kept it for 1 day and then rang me up and told I have to spend Rs. 21,000/- ($400 USD) more and they will get me a new phone. I did not went for this offer and also checked back that they even did not open my iPhone to test it as I have a glass screen protector and if they have opened it for testing the glass protector would be peeled off atleast. So please help me what to do.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 10:02 AM in response to subhadeepfromindia

subhadeep

Sadly, there are many horror stories about service providers in India - it stems from the fact that Indian Law requires 50% or greater ownership of any business there - thus Apple is NOT there, they only "bless" sales & service outfits with an "Authorized" label. The gist of many of these is that many "Sales" dealers will only "Service" the devices that they sell.

There a several thousand threads here with the terms " service AND india " - there MAY be some success stories there, but finding them will be a challenge.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=service+AND+india+site:discussions .apple.com

From the ones I can remember, the best advice that we users can give is to contact Apple Corporate and/or Apple Legal > http://www.apple.com/contact/

iPhone 5 not working suddenly. Stuck at apple logo. Not entering DFU Mode also. Not recognised in iTunes also. Running 8.3. Not jailbroken. On pressing home and lock screen stuck at Apple logo and then after some time screen goes blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.