Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.2 match issues

I have been an itunes match subscriber since launch. I currently have a library of 25600 songs, which was not an issue, as I would get the error message stating that i exceeded the match limit.

As of upgrading to 12.2, match does not work at all, instead limiting to the local music I had downloaded on my Mac. I have tried all cloud settings, signing in and out (when you sign out the option for match appears, asks you to sign in/up and then states I already have the service. The match service looks like its initializing, and I get the song limit warning, but no music is available). My ipad was upgraded to the latest iOS as well and there have been no issues with match or my account on that device.

Are there any settings or ways of fixing this issue?

itunes-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), itunes 12.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:14 AM

15 replies

Jul 2, 2015 5:03 PM in response to rabbidt

iTunes > Preferences > General> tick iCloud Music Library

then

iTunes > File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library

also

iPhone > Settings > Music > toggle iClous Music Library

and

iTunes > top left - your account name with dropdown menu > Account Info > iTunes In The Cloud > check if your subscription is active

If all that is done, there's no reason for you not to see your matched library in iTunes and on your devices.

Jul 2, 2015 5:12 PM in response to aunkster

You can try subscribing to  Music first, or anyways start the 3 month trial period, just so you have a new option that offers you what iTunes Match offered (and more). Then try to deactivate Match from your Apple ID account page:

iTunes > top left - your account name with dropdown menu > Account Info > iTunes In The Cloud > iTunes Match > turn off auto-renew

Sign out of your iTunes account and in again. At that point you should be in  Music instead of Match.

iTunes > Account > you should now see "iTunes Match..." as an option instead of "Apple Music..."

Whichever is active is not in the menu, because it's already active, so you don't need an option for it. So if you see "Apple Music..." you're in Match, if you see "iTunes Match..." you're in Apple Music. I only use Match and I see Apple Music, if i want to activate it.

Jul 2, 2015 5:29 PM in response to applewarm

Yosemite is up to date, version 10.10.4. And yes, it's still doing it.

I'm trying to download my music from the cloud before Apple discontinues iTunes Match/screws up my library or makes it unavailable after my Apple Music trial expires, and iTunes keeps freezing and crashing, or I have to force quit.

Restarting doesn't fix anything. I'm so sick of this nonsense.

Jul 2, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Ben Kenon

Wait wait wait, iTunes Match is and will continue to be active. It's two different things, Match and  Music.

Keep it active and keep it updated, if you want to keep using it no one will take it away from you!

It won't be shut down, Apple will offer both services...

Now. I'm no expert, but probably something to do with the update itself. That's why it keeps crashing...

Did you try to repair disk permissions and the disk itself? Might be worth a try. That solves a whole lot of issues!

Jul 3, 2015 12:40 AM in response to applewarm

I have tried all of the settings, and are set correctly.

Update iCloud Library is an option only available (and greyed out) when its in action from a settings changed. It seems as though it believes, on this device only, that the local files are the full extent of my match library, and not connecting with the rest of my account, giving me the ability to upload the files again, but not reach or download the rest.

I have no intention of using  Music at all.

Jul 3, 2015 3:27 AM in response to rabbidt

I wound up doing the following (on Mac) to fix the issue:

1. Backed up iTunes.app, user/music/iTunes, and Library/iTunes
  2. Trashed them all and delete
  3. downloaded a fresh install from the apple website
  4. when prompted, be sure to enable iCloud the first time!
  5. the account information was still connected (logged in as my apple profile), and it automatically linked to match
  6. I did have to reattach missing files (all the local/matched files that previously did show up).

Jul 3, 2015 2:07 PM in response to applewarm

Ive posted a fix above, however, on closer inspection of my library, it missed about 40 albums that had synced fine previously (ie before I hit the limit), and now my 4star+ smart playlist is corrupt as it added the entire albums to the list where there were only individual songs (from that album). When I go into these album or song properties, neither the heart is selected, nor are there even ratings assigned anymore. deleting the list or creating new ones with similar conditions does the same for these albums/songs.

Jul 5, 2015 3:26 AM in response to rabbidt

Hello to everybody,

I am writing from Switzerland and I am using Music Match since a couple of years. Experiencing difficulties a couple of months ago by not being able to access my data.

Now, with the update to the latest iTunes version and Apple Music the mess seems to be complete: the meta data are corrupted and, for instance, single artist are showing up several times under "artists" because there are different albums of them.....a total mess.

Slowly but surely I am losing patience and this is not the Apple universe as we were used to it a couple of years ago. Shame on you Apple.

Best regards,

Marco

itunes 12.2 match issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.