Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 has dropped Windows Vista Support

I know Windows Vista is about 3% of the world PC market. But as the MAC is only 8% it and I highly doubt Apple has any plans to drop support of iTunes on the MAC anytime soon. Dropping support for Vista is silly as it is still a supported Operating System.

So Apple please re-consider because I highly doubt you need ti change any code other then the part that checks what version of OS you have installed before you it starts the install.

Joe

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:51 AM

15 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:05 AM in response to BitStop

I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to Microsoft's efforts to move as many of its users as possible away from legacy editions of Windows (XP and Vista) and onto Windows 10. Vista is less than 2 years away from end of life so I'm sure that Apple see support for later OSs as a far higher priority. I actually doubt that figure of 8% for Vista .... any systems I've seen originally supplied with Vista have long ago been upgraded to 7 or 8, or have been replaced by more recent PCs.

Jul 1, 2015 5:16 PM in response to hhgttg27

hhgttg27 wrote:

Wait until July 29, take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10, then install iTunes 12.2.

...except that Windows 10 is a paid, not free, upgrade for XP and Vista users.

----------

32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 38.0.5 * IE 9.0 * NIS 21.7.0.11 * 32-bit iTunes 12.1.2.27

HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

iTunes 12.2 has dropped Windows Vista Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.