Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an email on my iPad mini, it only goes to my outbox. why

When I send an email on my iPad mini it goes straight to the outbox.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:15 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:43 AM in response to willie2372

When a message goes to the Outbox, it indicates that there is no connection to your SMTP server at the moment that you tap [Send].

Tell us a Story - with a beginning, a middle and end. We need to understand everything that you know and have experienced.

• If this issue is new, tell us what immediately preceded its onset - add software, upgrade or update? New equipment?
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.
  • Does the message ever 'Send' at a later time?

ÇÇÇ

Jul 2, 2015 9:13 AM in response to willie2372

3 short sentences does not a detailed Story make!! I repeat...

Tell us a Story - with a beginning, a middle and end. We need to understand everything that you know and have experienced.

• If this issue is new, tell us what immediately preceded its onset - add software, upgrade or update? New equipment?
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.
  • Does the message ever 'Send' at a later time?

OK on the last part. if the Safari statement is meant to be a troubleshooting step apart from your normal WorkFlow, detail that too.

a wild guess at the iPad vs. Safari sending failure (if indeed that is the case) is still a SMTP server failure to connect.

MUCH Detail! Screenshots can be helpful...

ÇÇÇ

When I send an email on my iPad mini, it only goes to my outbox. why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.