Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am traveling in Western Europe and downloaded a couple of $.99 movies from iTunes. Then got a paypal receipt for $29 title ITunes agreement. I got a refund but now I can't get in my iTunes or AppStore. What's iTunes user ageement?

Why is my account closed now? Why was I billed for a users agreement @ $29 instead of 2x$.99. I want access to my iTunes account.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:30 AM

8 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:41 AM in response to gary996

I am traveling in Western Europe and downloaded a couple of $.99 movies from iTunes. Then got an email paypal receipt for $29 titled ITunes agreement. I got a refund but now I can't get in my iTunes or AppStore. What's iTunes user's agreement that cost $29? I am locked out fromthe App Store and I tunes.

This support system doesn't work as well as Apple thinks it does.

Jul 1, 2015 9:11 AM in response to gary996

We are fellow users, we won't know what you've purchased or why your account is locked.

Have you checked your account's purchase history to see what it's for : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

For the account being locked, whose country's store did you buy the films from ? As you mention PayPal I assume that you were using the US store (I think that's the only country where PayPal can be used) - if you aren't the store whose country that you are in then you've violated the store's terms (you have to be in a country to use its store), terms which you agreed to, iTunes can permanently disable accounts for that reason. If you are in the country whose store you used then try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will unlock the account : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Jul 1, 2015 1:34 PM in response to King_Penguin

First thing I checked was history, no $29 purchase in it so charge is suspect The two $.99 charges don't even appear. I was in France logged in to Itunes to rent. there is/was no indication that I wasn't in the correct place where I would always be on my iPad or there would be additional charges to rent via France. It didn't even ask about language options. funny because one thing I want to rent when I found out i was locked out is the documentry about fine print, if that is the reason for the additional charge then they need to make it clear instead of saying you owe because you agreed to it when you signed up. That type of thing should pop up at the time of purchase.

you also commented, (you have to be in a country to use its store) where would I have been if not in a country.

inappriciate your attempt to help but I think I need to wait until I'm home.

Jul 1, 2015 11:20 PM in response to gary996

There is no $29 charge for using iTunes, you are only charged for what you buy from the stores. If nothing shows on your account(s) purchase history then contact PayPal.

If you are in France then you can only use the France iTunes store, the store's terms (terms that you agreed to) say that you have to be a country to use that country's store e.g. for the US store (as you say PayPal I assume that you are using the US store) :

The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance.

Apple can permanently disable accounts. If you were using the US iTunes store (which I assume that you were as you mention PayPal) then you are bio

Jul 2, 2015 1:05 AM in response to King_Penguin

I am perfectly okay with that but how many people actaully have read that agreement? As we all know, a very small percentage. I except that as the answer but if they know which servers I am being routed through (which we know they do), then they can just as easily warn me that i am about to incur an additional charge and let me decide instead of billing me 10.5 times my expectation and them having someone on a support forum tell me I agreed to being charged because I broke the agreement, which they never actually expected me to read in the first place.

I understand your explanation and think you might be right but I also hope you agree that a simple pop-up warning customer would go a long way towards better customer service and customer relations and would avoided this whole exchange.

Jul 2, 2015 1:45 AM in response to gary996

Again there is no $29 charge for using the iTunes stores, you only charged for what you buy (and at the prices, plus any applicable taxes, listed in the store) - I have not said that you have been charged $29 for violating the store's terms, there is no charge for that (apart from possibly have the account permanently disabled). If nothing shows on your iTunes account(s) purchase history for the $29 then contact PayPal

Jul 2, 2015 4:35 AM in response to King_Penguin

As the original post states, I did, PayPal refunded me and said the charge was listed. " iTunes agreement." No reason to argue here and don't feel compelled to defend Itunes. As I stated, they did not charge me for the two movies at $.99 ea. but instead one charge for $29 appeared which PayPal refunded. after the refund Apple closed my account.

I Think we know it had something to do with the international rental and I'll need to wait until I get home next week to sort it out with Apple.

thank you.

I am traveling in Western Europe and downloaded a couple of $.99 movies from iTunes. Then got a paypal receipt for $29 title ITunes agreement. I got a refund but now I can't get in my iTunes or AppStore. What's iTunes user ageement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.