Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email failed to authenticate with google

I've found bunch of people are experiencing same issue here with email setting on our macs.

The window keeps popping up when I tried to add my google account through Preference>Internet accounts.

Does anyone got any helpful solutions yet?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:41 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:43 PM in response to jpsimmonds_au

Yeah.

Thanks for your help! I've already tried a bunch of options. And my Automatic Proxy Detection in my network preference is constantly off.

1. Yes I can log into the gmail website. everyday without error. But I'm using VPN to support my access because the wall is blocking google interactions here.
2. yes. I already updated my password on all gmail accounts and deleted the keychain info on my mac

3. no. I turned off my 2- step

4.I did signing in my account (web-interface)on this mac everyday

5. The website shows this when I tried the Unlock Captcha function:

User uploaded file

6. I enabled "Access for less secure apps"

7. IMAP option? Yeah I tried to reboot both IMAP and POP

8. I never add any google accounts on my mac before. My question is that I have trouble adding new gmail account. So I cannot delete any accounts that I dont have on my mac. The delete and re-add action is not working for me.

email failed to authenticate with google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.