Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (Retina) & Gaming?

Hello all.

So I'm new to the Mac side of the fence, very tired of Windows, and now am the (so far, proud) owner of a Macbook Pro 13" with retina display.

My question is, is this computer made to run commercial games?

Not like apps. I'm talking like, I put The Sims 4 on here last night. I started to run it and it didn't recognize my video card, but it set graphics to ultra anyway, and it LOOKED great, maybe ran a tad slower, but before I could even knock the graphics down a peg, my Mac started making this awful sound like a jet engine revving up to take flight..? O.o I knew that it'd have to work a little harder... but jeez! It sounded way worse than it should've to me. It started getting hot just like that so I cut the game off and let it cool down.

So, I ask this because I am new to the Mac world.. Are Macbook Pro's generally cut out for highly demanding software like that?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, null

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 8:35 AM

1 reply

Jul 24, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Rzion

I own a Macbook pro 15" with retina display for college.

But when I play League of Legends on it, it also makes that jet engine noise and God knows how many degrees it goes up too (like your situation, the graphics are great though lol).

I feel awful for my Mac when I game.

Macs technically aren't the best for gaming.

If you're interested: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/is-mac-good-for-gami ng-25799953/

Macbook Pro (Retina) & Gaming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.