Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

outgoing mail won't "send" any ideas?

outgoing mail won't "send" since IOS 8.4 upgrade on iPhone 6? Incoming fine. All other apple devices work fine with the same email account.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:46 AM

11 replies

Jul 6, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Baumgees

SO the Southpark Apple store in Charlotte, told me to wait for the iOS update. They mentioned a lot of folks have been complaining and depending on how many will determine when the patch comes out...this week or next. Tried a network reset some other obvious resets...nothing worked. i wasn't the first one as it was more of a "oh you have that issue" response.

Not not the greatest resolution.

Jul 6, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Baumgees

SO the Southpark Apple store in Charlotte, told me to wait for the iOS update. They mentioned a lot of folks have been complaining and depending on how many will determine when the patch comes out...this week or next. Tried a network reset, some other obvious resets...nothing worked. i wasn't the first one as it was more of a "oh you have that issue" response.

Not not the greatest resolution.

Jul 7, 2015 7:24 PM in response to Baumgees

SO I turned off the "ssl" feature in the settings outgoing server/primary server and I am now sending email. Problem fixed for me. I was on a IMAP email account and my hot and yahoo were unaffected. This worked despite the fact that this setting was the same in iOS 8.3.

GIve it it a try for those who are still unable to "send."

Jul 7, 2015 8:49 PM in response to Baumgees

I Have tried many different SMTP servers without SSL and have managed to get an email sent but if I try an attachment however then it won't send period. So hope they fix this shortly as it's made my iPhone and iPad Air unusable. It's irrelevant what app you use as an email client as they all suffer the same fate. Only Apple could roll out an update to push out its new music service and mess up SMTP at the same time !

outgoing mail won't "send" any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.