Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

previously downloaded songs keep showing icloud icon

I just upgrade to an iPhone 6 from an iPhone 4, I went through and downloaded all my songs back onto my new phone. I am now noticing that songs that were previously downloaded are showing the iCloud icon. Why are these songs not staying on my phone? I have plenty of space remaining, but certain songs keep showing icloud icon and have to be re-downloaded.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 9:30 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2015 9:36 AM in response to RandomShake

I had a similar situation when trying to help a friend resolve this on an iPod Touch. We finally fixed it by repeatedly closing the music app and resetting the device. This is how I did it, but YMMV.

Close apps by double tapping the home button and swipe up and off the top of the screen the app preview that you want to close. Tap the home button to get back to the home screen. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen and let the iPhone restart.

previously downloaded songs keep showing icloud icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.