Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Loved" or Heart icon not syncing between iPhone 6 Plus and iTunes

Hello--

I've noticed that when I "heart" a song or album in either the music app on the phone or on iTunes, the designation doesn't seem to sync between the two. In other words, lets say I "heart" a song on my phone, the heart doesn't show up as marked in iTunes. Similarly, if I "heart" a song in iTunes, when I check on my phone, the heart is still empty.

I was wondering if this was a glitch or if I'm just missing something. Everything else seems to be syncing fine: playlists, songs, iTuens match songs, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:31 AM

A bit of an update....it seems that if I'm in "my music" the hearts sync, but if I heart a song/album while browsing in iTunes under any of the other headings (for you, new, etc.) the hearts don't sync, even if I hit the "plus" symbol to add the song/album to my music.

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:17 AM in response to johnpcaruso

I've noticed this as well. I haven't played around too much on Apple Music for iOS yet, but loving songs on iTunes seems to be partially broken. If you've loved a bunch of songs on iTunes that aren't syncing with your iPhone, one workaround is to create a smart playlist which matches the rule Loved: is true. If you then select every song in that playlist and Get Info, you'll probably notice that the loved heart is only half-shaded indicating that some of the songs aren't being considered as loved. Go ahead and click the heart twice so that it is fully-shaded, and those songs should properly sync to iOS.

Also, on iOS, it seems that if you love a song from one of the Apple Music playlists, that doesn't seem to register even on iOS, yet along iTunes. That's not to mention the fact that there seems to be no easy way to love a song on Radio.

"Loved" or Heart icon not syncing between iPhone 6 Plus and iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.