Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync offline songs to iPhone

Living in an area where our phone signal isn't great for streaming and driving, I am making songs available offline with apple music.

However, when I connect my iPhone, the song appears in my recently added playlist, however it appears I have to "redownload" it again on the iPhone?

When syncing, it doesn't appear to be copying across any songs.

Am I missing something here.

Not sure if it helps, but I'm also an iTunes Match subscriber.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 9:46 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 10:32 AM in response to DMMitchell

Howdy DMMitchell,

It sounds like you are attempting to download some songs from the Apple Music catalog to listen offline. Did you follow the steps in this article?

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. In the Music app, find the item that you want to save.
  2. Tap the More Options icon User uploaded file to the right of the song, album, or playlist name.
  3. Tap Make Available Offline.

Songs and albums appear under My Music > Library. Playlists appear under My Music > Playlists.

On your Mac or PC:

1. In iTunes, find the item that you want to save.
  2. Click the cloud icon to the right of the item's name.

Songs and albums appear under the My Music tab. Playlists appear in the Playlists tab, under Apple Music Playlists in the sidebar.

Does that work for you?

Take care,

Nubz

Sync offline songs to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.