Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Time does not appear in my System Preferences

Quick Time does not appear in my System Preferences. I want to upgrade to Quick Time 7 Pro, but can not do so until I find the original. Any ideas where it went?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:00 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 1:31 PM in response to dennisfromsalinas

Quick Time does not appear in my System Preferences. I want to upgrade to Quick Time 7 Pro, but can not do so until I find the original. Any ideas where it went?

What are you looking for specifically? If you are looking for the QT 7 Player app, check the Applications/Utility folder to see if it is still installed on your system. If not installed, then download and install the QT 7 Player HERE. (In either case, a QT 7 Pro key can be purchased online HERE.) If looking for the "Registration" window, then open the QT 7 Player app and open the "Registration" window under the "QuickTime Player 7" menu. Beginning with Snow Leopard, access of the QT 7 Pro "Registration" widow via the "System Preferences" window was removed.

User uploaded file

Quick Time does not appear in my System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.