Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding Purchased Apps Doesn't Work

I just reset my iPad Mini to factory defaults and upgraded to iOS 8.4. When I go into the App Store and click on Purchased, I can see the hundreds of apps that I have ever installed. When I swipe to the left and select "Hide" the app is hidden for a while, but as I continue hiding more apps, those that I previously have hidden show up again in the list. Also if I switch from "All" to "Not on This iPad" all of the apps that I hid come back. I don't know if this was a new bug in iOS 8.4 or if it had existed previously. It is very annoying to see every single app that was ever installed and being able to hide them would be nice if it worked. Does anyone else have this issue?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:40 AM

7 replies

Jul 1, 2015 12:22 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the information about using iTunes. I was able to login to iTunes and clicked on the app's left corner where the "x" should be and I was able to hide many of my apps. However, when I go back into the App Store/Purchased on my iPad they still showed up. I rebooted my iPad and they still show up. Then I signed out of the iTunes/App Store and signed back in and now when I click on Purchased it says I have no purchased apps. Everything appears correctly in iTunes, I can see my hidden apps and also my purchased apps. Is there something else I need to do?

Jul 1, 2015 12:39 PM in response to MikeR@PCT

It works ok for me, both my Mac's iTunes and my iPad are the current version - even with the Purchased tab open on my iPad, hiding an app on my Mac's iTunes gets the app to disappear immediately from Purchased on my iPad.

You are using the same account on both your iPad and computer's iTunes, and on your computer's iTunes when you click on the app's top left corner in Purchased it disappears from that screen ?

Hiding Purchased Apps Doesn't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.