Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions do not allow explicit content

Just updated my to iOS 8.4 a couple of minutes ago. After the update, a few of my podcasts have been greyed out and when I try to play it, the following message appears

Content Not allowed - Restrictions do not allow explicit content

Any idea how would I be able to adjust the settings so that I can get back to my podcasts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:04 AM

Found the answer after some googling

Go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions

Regardless if Restriction is turned on or off, for my case it is already off, turn it ON. Scroll down to Allowed content, under Music & Podcast, change CLEAN to EXPLICIT.

After that feel free to turn restrictions back off again. The settings should stay, and your podcasts should be able to be played normally again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 11:04 AM in response to vivalabam

Found the answer after some googling

Go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions

Regardless if Restriction is turned on or off, for my case it is already off, turn it ON. Scroll down to Allowed content, under Music & Podcast, change CLEAN to EXPLICIT.

After that feel free to turn restrictions back off again. The settings should stay, and your podcasts should be able to be played normally again.

Restrictions do not allow explicit content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.